Positive Futures is an innovative community-based programme, encompassing outreach, mentoring, education and positive activities which has been designed by young people in Stoke-on-Trent.
We aim to engage 500 young people aged 10-19 from across the city by providing a positive environment where they can thrive and steer clear of negative influences. The project will help young people build essential life skills, engage them in social action and support them into positive pathways in training, education and employment.
The project is centred around weekly sports sessions delivered ‘on the doorstep’ of young people by a team of experienced ‘Community Interactors’ who are skilled in youth work, sports coaching and mentoring.
Aims & Outcomes
- Improved physical & mental wellbeing
- Improved life skills such as resilience, leadership and problem solving
- Improved employability skills
- Improved perceptions of what young people can achieve
- Improved cohesion between young people
- Reductions in youth related anti-social behaviour
- Improved partnership working to better tackle youth violence and knife crime